Hi shoestringers!
Yes, there was some prolific posting after a month of absence. I am currently in Singapore and will be en route to Malaysia tonight. I have some really colorful and delightful photos to post but I can't get the photos to load for some reason. I finally am really good at doing it...and now the site won't work. :( I'll hopefully get it worked out but if not I'll upload them and insert a link for easy viewing.
Please keep your fingers crossed that this site just starts working for me again. We all know technology is not my speciality...
Anyway, Singapore is amazing! There are so many cultures condensed in a really small place. It's clean, it's safe, it's expensive (it's a city that's not third world; of course it's expensive!), it's even...dare I say...friendly? I met an amazing family yesterday and spent the afternoon hanging out with them. My camera battery died so I wasn't able to capture any images, which was a bummer. I've been busy here in my few days: I've walked through at least half of the island, attended the big Chinese New Year celebration, went to a Flower Festival, saw Chinatown, Little India, and the Muslim quarter (where I am staying), as well as some FANTASTIC architecture all around the city. Lots of green, lots of modernity, and more shopping malls than New Jersey. I mean, maybe not, but it's got to be pretty darn close. It's really hot and humid here and the malls are super air-conditioned. Who knew I could love a mall? Well, that's an overstatement. I love how cool (in temperature only) they are.
I'd love to spend a couple of more days here exploring but it's brutal on the budget. So off to spend three nights...on trains. Woot! I believe I have a 30 hour train ride in front of me, though it's split into three stops. Do you know what I am excited for in Bangkok already? A shower. :)
Viva travels!!
Yes, there was some prolific posting after a month of absence. I am currently in Singapore and will be en route to Malaysia tonight. I have some really colorful and delightful photos to post but I can't get the photos to load for some reason. I finally am really good at doing it...and now the site won't work. :( I'll hopefully get it worked out but if not I'll upload them and insert a link for easy viewing.
Please keep your fingers crossed that this site just starts working for me again. We all know technology is not my speciality...
Anyway, Singapore is amazing! There are so many cultures condensed in a really small place. It's clean, it's safe, it's expensive (it's a city that's not third world; of course it's expensive!), it's even...dare I say...friendly? I met an amazing family yesterday and spent the afternoon hanging out with them. My camera battery died so I wasn't able to capture any images, which was a bummer. I've been busy here in my few days: I've walked through at least half of the island, attended the big Chinese New Year celebration, went to a Flower Festival, saw Chinatown, Little India, and the Muslim quarter (where I am staying), as well as some FANTASTIC architecture all around the city. Lots of green, lots of modernity, and more shopping malls than New Jersey. I mean, maybe not, but it's got to be pretty darn close. It's really hot and humid here and the malls are super air-conditioned. Who knew I could love a mall? Well, that's an overstatement. I love how cool (in temperature only) they are.
I'd love to spend a couple of more days here exploring but it's brutal on the budget. So off to spend three nights...on trains. Woot! I believe I have a 30 hour train ride in front of me, though it's split into three stops. Do you know what I am excited for in Bangkok already? A shower. :)
Viva travels!!
No comments:
Post a Comment