Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Greatest Thing EVER!


I broke my very inexpensive New Zealand mobile phone. Harumph! I have purchased at the very reasonable price of approximately $28USD a phone from my friend Angelika. It has free radio on it! Right now I am listening to the musical stylings of Bryan Adams. He is quite popular in Indonesia, as evidenced by the faux Rastafarians I met who were playing/singing “Everything I Do, I Do It For You.” Don't worry. I did a dramatic interpretation on the spot. :) At home, of course, I NEVER listen to the radio. This became evident in Auckland when I was singing karaoke and didn't know any current songs. But this foreign radio business is awesome! This station I am listening to is Indonesian but in English, and I have learned the following important fact: high-heeled wooden clogs are all the rage this year! You heard it here girls...

No comments: