Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Snake That (Almost) Stole My Shoe


My friend Sophia came by my bungalow one day and I hear “uh...Kirsten...there is a snake in your shoe. Oh my god! He's-he's...he's stealing your shoe!” I came out of my bungalow (only partially clothed, sorry Sophia) and here is this crazy snake who has slithered into my shoe (it has breathable sides, i.e., it is holey) and is attempting to slither UP the wall with it. First of all, who knew that snakes could slither up rocks, brick, and stucco, and second of all, what kind of a nutter snake wants my shoe on that journey? Lucky for me snakey got (a) spooked or (2) tired and he slithered right out of my shoe and up the wall. Later in the week Chris brought a rescued snake from his bungalow to live in the jungle with my snakey friend. The little fella he brought over looked just like my foiled shoe thief so I reckon they are cousins. Clearly I put my shoes inside my bungalow instead of leaving them on the terrace. I'm smarter than I look! :)

No comments: