Monday, October 18, 2010

YES!

Greetings from Wanganui!  I am pleased to report that even with rain, massive wind, and then freezing rain, I woke up this morning tired but dry. Hooray for my $15 tent! 

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I forgot this important detail, drat. It is unnaturally cold now, so here is a recap of what I wore to bed: 2 pairs of smart wool socks, one pair of leggings, one pair of pants, one pair of capris, one skirt, one "2nd skin" shirt, a 2nd "2nd skin" shirt, a long-sleeved t-shirt, a sweatshirt, another long-sleeved shirt, a hat, the hood from one of my shirts, my scarf bundled up around me burqa style, and a pair of gloves. I also wrapped extra shirts around my feet, crawled all the way into my cocoon sleeping bag, and put my windbreaker at the end of my feet for wall insulation. Toasty and warm, but argh, the wind! Luckily I put my earbuds in for my ipod (underneath all that headwear) so all I had to do was attach and listen. I tried to read but it ws so hard to turn the pages! Good fun.