
A view of Auckland, NZ

Delicious mussels in Auckland (with amazing beer in the background).

Driving into Auckland-there is a Sky Tower and Harbor Bridge, just like in Sydney. Maybe they are related?

The 90-mile beach, in Northland, NZ. It's not really 90 miles though-years ago, it was measured on the amount of time it took 3 horses to get from top to bottom. It's actually more like 60 kilometers...

That's me, in the plaid, after a SPECTAUCLAR crash after sand-surfing. My trip down was amazing, but at the end I stopped too quick and ended up going end-over-end and eventually landing on my bum. It was the best/worst landing of the day.

Self-descriptive...

Here is the actual meeting point. Tasman Sea, welcome to the Pacific Ocean.

Cape Maria Van Diemen, in Northland, NZ (near Cape Reigna), taken from a lighthouse.

That's me, after some amazing slow-motion climbing. It looks I was bringing my elbow over to do some punching, but I'm smiling so no worries. Those kiddies are Anel and Lucas, whose parents took us in for a couple of nights. They are awesome (kiddies and parents). :)

Ah, sheep and green. That's NZ!

Wait, rugged and green with crazy weather...THAT'S NZ!

My amazing hostel sheets. I was a princess!

Lilacs in Kerikeri. They had bigger blooms but I followed my nose to the scent. Luckily it's unmistakable since I'm slightly agronomically challenged...

Shouldn't EVERY community have this? Need some advice about your life friends? Come on down to th Advice Bureau! I want to open one in the States. I'll be like Lucy from "Peanuts" but not so mean and definitely more expensive.

Look at the house that follows...

I wanted to offer them $50 cash money, on the spot, but the realtor didn't want to talk about it. Can you imagine? Harumph!

Part of the NZ bush, along a hiking trail in Kerikeri (on the East Coast, Northland).

Do you see that white spot? That's me, after successfully navigating, barefoot, some crazy, mossy, slippery, craggy rocks to get to the cave behind that waterfall. Apologies again to Leo, Nadine, and Hannah who patiently waited for me to (a) not die and (2) finish my on-the-whim scurry.

That's me in the foreground. You can see why I wanted to go-it's amazingly beautiful! Rainbow Falls, Kerikeri.

What I did in my spare time one evening (under the influence of a VERY small glass of wine, so it's no excuse): I created The Essential Mao Guidebook to Getting German Girls. I think I noted this story in an earlier post. :)
So, that's it for now! More pictures coming...sometime. Safe travels for me until then, and greetings to all from rainy Wanganui, NZ (West Coast, North Island).
No comments:
Post a Comment