I said I was done. But I was bizarrely social, so I have lots of stories to share. That being said, here are some random treasures I had listed in my notebook.
One Saturday evening, the nice Canadian girl and I went to her friend’s b-day party at a place called the Q-Bar. The Q-Bar had just completed a burlesque show, so everyone was superlatively dressed. I was not-I had on a basic gray skirt, tank, and flip-flops. I couldn’t bring my amazing pink wedges, could I? Anyhoo, Nice Canadian Girl was getting chatted up by a fella, and I suddenly found myself on the other side of mad love. The bartender was giving me eyes, and blowing kisses and making heart gestures at me (you know, putting your hands in the shape of hearts, JUST LIKE I DO). He then immediately ditched my plastic glass for a glass…glass (that was an awkward statement) and batted his eyes at me. He became my gay boyfriend for 4.5 seconds! I might not be giving merit to the depths of our love: it may have lasted 3 minutes. Then we had to break up as I went to have a dance party.
There was this super-amazing dancer-man who was in our party of people; I am NOT super-amazing dancer-girl. Or am I?
My inner Molly Ringwald came out. I don’t know what song it was, but all of a sudden I was doing an exact replication of the “Claire cuts loose” scene from The Breakfast Club AND teaching amazing dancer-man how to do it.
Don’t anyone pass out. Amy has seen me try to Latin Dance. It’s not pretty so let me have my moment!! When I say that, I actually mean: Let me have my moment without too much mockery. ;)
Here is an unrelated fun fact about Australian flora. The Gymea Lily can grow up to 8 meters high and generally has lovely reddish-purplish flowers on it. It is one of the first plants to have re-growth after bush fires. What, you might be wondering, causes a bush fire? Eucalyptus Oil, when presented with great heat, starts on fire. That’s right-it combusts. This propagates the seeds. Since the fire burns from top to bottom, the seeds fall onto the mostly unharmed ground where they have a chance to root and grow. I learned this fun fact outside of the Museum of New South Wales. A lovely lady saw me taking a photo of the Gymea Lily and started telling me this info. Her name was Leisel. Isn’t that so perfect?
So that's it for Sydney now, for sure. I have lots of stories from New Zealand that I post, and I'll TRY to do pictures but it will have to be tomorrow. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment