Tuesday, April 1, 2008

For the Jersey crew... :)

A lovely seaside cafe...doesn't it look like Pier 1 outdoor wicker from last year? Well, minus the cushions. I had 2 double Greek coffees there...:)
My backpack, and the delightful Rodos (Greece) airport.
My shoe and the Turkish carpet on my bus. For the last 4 hours (to Marmaris) it was just me and the bus crew. They bought me breakfast! I love Turkey.
A very lonely bus...the first leg of this 15 hour trip was jam-packed so I was grateful for the quiet.


The view of Rodos, Rhodes Island, Greece, from my ferry (tugboat).
Me. Sunburned. Pack weighing in at 48 pounds. Ouch. :) Laptop, cords, Ipod, cord, camera, cord, batteries and charger...it all adds up quickly, you know?



The express catamaran I was supposed to take...with a martini on the top deck, hair blowing in the sea breeze. The dream of my Aussie travel companion, actually-but it sounded good to me!




Umm, our actual (tug)boat. It had 12 seats on top, 30 downstairs, and no tea/coffee/martini service. Sad. Oh, and it took them 2.5 hours to load the cargo, and it took an extra 1.75 hours to get to Rhodes. Scheduled arrival time? 9:50am. Actual arrival time? 1:30pm. And I missed breakfast so I wouldn't be late! Buggers.

No comments: