Here are two quick pieces of information to share:
1. The Turks don't seem to share my love of folk music. Tragic! Do I have to start listening to Turkish pop to blend in? Sean Paul is terribly popular. Is this what my life will be for the next few months? Yikes.
2. It is believed here, in my limited experience, that the eyes are truly the windows to the soul. Who is making fun of my giant sunglasses now?
So, I am sorry, Paul Simon. It seems the locals prefer the New York of Jay-Z to you, an accost my soul, and its blue windows, will not easily forgive. I am trying very hard to keep my eyes closed. I promise to play classic tunes and personal favorites whenever I get the chance. Turkish pop is just a summer fling, fun for only a short while, forgotten soon enough. You are mine, like it or not, for a lifetime. Words are burned in my brain, and no amount of extra sunshine can vanquish this. Just in case, Paul Simon, that you were worried...
*I realize that Art Garfunkel actually wrote/performed the song "For Emily, wherever I may find her." I don't want anyone to doubt my Paul Simon catalog knowledge. But it was performed during the glory days of Simon & Garfunkel, making it, for me, an acceptable working title. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment