Ummm...is it just me or is this guy distinctly NOT Bulgarian? Odd.
The fence reminds me of my i-pod. Kirtie calls it communist colored...now I know why! And the McDrive...that's advertisement!


The gold domes are the top of the Alexander Nevsky cathedral. It is not allowed to take pictures inside. And then, the most beautiful spot in Sofia. Well, in my humble opionion anyway. :)


More Alexander Nevsky views...


I saw alot of these little bracelets tied around Greece and Bulgaria. It has something to do with the Virgin Mary...just don't ask me what because I forgot to remember (sorry!).


More beautiful views and buildings.


Ah, look at that little church! I think it is the St. George, if I recall the sign. I started singing "Somewhere my Love" when I saw it. I don't know why it reminds me of Dr. Zhivago, but it does.




St. Sofia, the namesake of the city. And a cool sculpture, right on the building! Amazing.
As a side note, I didn't really care for Sofia. This is all in a generally small area. There is also a great museum there...but then just a bunch of posters all around for nightlife. I split and went to Veliko Turnovo (thanks, Sam, for the rescue!) instead, which I madly, madly loved...
The gold domes are the top of the Alexander Nevsky cathedral. It is not allowed to take pictures inside. And then, the most beautiful spot in Sofia. Well, in my humble opionion anyway. :)
More Alexander Nevsky views...
I saw alot of these little bracelets tied around Greece and Bulgaria. It has something to do with the Virgin Mary...just don't ask me what because I forgot to remember (sorry!).
More beautiful views and buildings.
Ah, look at that little church! I think it is the St. George, if I recall the sign. I started singing "Somewhere my Love" when I saw it. I don't know why it reminds me of Dr. Zhivago, but it does.
St. Sofia, the namesake of the city. And a cool sculpture, right on the building! Amazing.
As a side note, I didn't really care for Sofia. This is all in a generally small area. There is also a great museum there...but then just a bunch of posters all around for nightlife. I split and went to Veliko Turnovo (thanks, Sam, for the rescue!) instead, which I madly, madly loved...
1 comment:
Beautiful!
Post a Comment