Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A stupid fairy tale about Little Caesar's Pizza...

Once Upon a Time, in a far off land called Fargo, there lived two girls: one was small and pretty, the other, a giant wildebeest like creature. They worked together in a magical place called Pier 1. Every Thursday, as became tradition, after sweating profusely from hauling large pieces of furniture and moving around strange inventions known as pedestals, they would eat two very special dishes. The first was a beautiful, round, spicy thing called “pepperoni pizza.” The other, small, greasy, and doughy, was called “breadstick.” With this “breadstick,” there came a sauce. And the sauce was tomato-y and delicious. The girls would dip their breadsticks in the sauce, sigh, and think it was the most wonderful creation on earth. And to wash it all down, nectar from the heavens, a sweet and fruity concoction called Mountain Dew. It sounds earthy, of course, but it was truly something sent from the gods.

Ok, ok, enough of my stupid fairy tale. The point is this: today, the ravenous wildebeest known as me discovered something magical. By mixing the local yogurt with this pepper paste sold by the jar, and eating it with a loaf of bread, it almost, almost, tastes like the dipping sauce for Little Caesar’s breadsticks. Really! I just discovered it at dinner, as I was so hungry I thought I might actually eat the entire loaf of bread. Don’t ask me why I was so hungry! I’m a wildebeest, what do I know?

What is that Cat Power song? “Aretha, sing one for me.” Courtney, eat a breadstick for me. Wait… instead, eat a pepperoni pizza and wash it down with a mountain dew for me!

No comments: