Monday, December 27, 2010

What can $10 get you in Indonesia?

I am astounded at how inexpensive things are here, especially after the mind-blowing expense of things in New Zealand. I've put in local currency and the US conversion. Without further adieu, treasures on the cheap. :)

50 sheets of loose-leaf paper: 2,900 IDR ($0.33)
Cotton swabs (160 count): 2,250 IDR ($0.25)
Johnson's Lavender Baby Oil (125ml): 15,950 IDR ($1.77)
Biore Anti-Acne/Oil Control Cleanser: 15,350IDR ($1.71)
Bar of “Fresh & Natural Soap,” orange/mango scent: 1,150 IDR ($0.13)
Oral B “Shiny Clean” toothbrush: 1,950 IDR ($0.22)
“So Klin” Laundry Detergent , 340g (Magic Crystal Scent, whatever that is): 3,750 IDR ($0.42)
Herbal Essences Conditioner: 16,500 IDR ($1.83)
4 avocados: 17, 040 IDR ($1.89)
4 bananas: 9,800 IDR ($1.09)
Rose Chocolate Biscuits (they aren't so good, oh well): 3250 IDR ($0.36)

Grand Total: $10

Take THAT Wally-World! These darn avocados are always so much. But...they are giant-sized and I eat one for a meal (with bread and tomatoes), and they are super-healthy. I must say, however, they are not nearly as good as the ones in NZ, nor are they as good as the ones in the States. Oh well. Here's to my health!

No comments: