 |
A view from Abel Tasman NP.
|
 |
Kawakawa Falls, or something like that, on Highway 1...somewhere between Turangi and Wanganui.
|
 |
Black swans, and NOT ugly ducklings, on Lake Virginia, Wanganui.
|
 |
Beautiful sunset over ugly road, Wanganui.
|
 |
Action shot of Jake the dog chasing a sheep at my farm stay, rural Glen Murray.
|
 |
| Jake, Kate, Anya (she's human) and me, posing for the camera after some sheep rustling. |
 |
| A view of part of one of the paddocks on the Leigh farm, rural Glen Murray. |
 |
| Anya and I doing what we do (smiling or being silly, mostly)... |
 |
I am captivating, but only to these cows.
:( |
 |
| Anya channeling her inner me and being REALLY silly. A large part of my days were spent like this. |
 |
| Anya. She's so cute. |
 |
| Me. Not as cute. |
 |
| NZ money, in case you were curious! |
 |
| The war museum, Auckland. Note the flag, just so you know it's really NZ. :) |
 |
| One Tree Hill, as seen from Mt. Eden, Auckland. |
 |
| Stairs, hills. Stairs, hills. That's walking in NZ. Why aren't my thighs amazing? |
 |
| The biggest entrance to a bus ever. It wasn't intimidated by my backpack. |
 |
| Timo, German kid who drove me to Napier. Awesome fellow. Note the "T" he is making... |
 |
| I am making a "G" and Timo is making a "T," as in Grill-Master T. :) He made burger beef. Enough said. |
 |
| Freddy and Paul, my future travel mates. |
 |
| A whole world dedicated to NZ's arch-enemy. |
 |
| Napier. |
 |
| Paul, being a statue, and Freddy, wondering why Paul is being a statue. |
 |
| I have no words, other than Napier WAS a strange place... |
 |
| Lake Taupo. |
 |
| Mt. Doom, otherwise known as Mt. Ngaurahoe. |

Lava rocks on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.

The best one of these "What to Do in case of a volcano" points? Stay away from the mountain. Good, though seemingly obvious advice...

Mt. Doom (Ngaurahoe) again. You'll potentially see more...

Crater on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.

Another view of the crater.

Glistening lake on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.

The Red Crater, Tongariro Crossing.

Me, oh me, at the top of the Emerald Lakes.

A much prettier view of the lakes...

The red crater, Mt. Ngaurahoe, big piles of amazing, Tongariro Crossing.

A view of the lakes and land beyond the volcanoes.

The only bit of color in poor Wellington this day: sailboats in the harbor.

A marae (meeting house) in Te Papa museum, Wellington.

Traveling from the North Island to the South Island. So, somewhere between there. :)

Our safety boat, just in case something goes wrong on the ferry. That's a giant pile of safety first. I like it.

Our water taxi to Abel Tasman. I got drenched like you couldn't believe. No one could believe it. It was amazing. I was cold.

A view of Abel Tasman National Park.

Abel Tasman NP.

Me. Look at those color combinations! Add an unpleasant smell of 3 days of sweat, saltwater, and peppermint (my organic and eco-friendly cleaner is peppermint scented) and it's like you're there!

Split Apple Rock. Do you see the bird in the middle? It's the same! It was a miracle.

In case you ever wondered why I am single...

Paul and I trekking across the sea at low tide, Abel Tasman NP.

My little tent, it's so awesome! :)

Me, Abel Tasman NP.

Me, on a swing bridge, Abel Tasman NP.
7 comments:
Kirsten those pictures are GREAT!! Love your tent. The home away from home. And yes those colors -- your the colors of benington!
Isn't my little tent the best?? And it's true: I'm so global with all those colors! Good call captain...
Happy Xmas!! :))
Thank You Kirsten for sharing your journey's. It is almost like we are walking beside you in a book..
Way to enjoy life.. Happy and safe travel.
i just found out your blog!
you're quite a traveller :)
i hope that you're having great time at anywhere you're...
Toni and Dolun, I'm so happy to see/hear from you both! :))
I am having a great time. Dolun, are you and Murat still in Istanbul?
Toni, are you with your family in Seattle? I hope everything is going great.
Happy New Year to everyone! ;)
we're still in istanbul and i'm not planning to move anywhere for a long time.
by the way, we borke up but don't worry, we're good.
i hope you'll have a chance to come to istanbul. one day... :)
Post a Comment