Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A love letter...

Dear ND,

Although I love you dearly, it is soon for you and I to part ways again. We have spent very nearly two years together, much longer than expected, and it has been lovely, no? Prairie roses, prairie dogs, prairie chickens...it's a lot to offer to any girl, but alas, all good things must come to an end. As in any great love affair, though, you and I will meet again. I will flit through the world, fall in love with other places. But in the end I shall return to you, humbled. I don't know when that end will be, but I know you will wait for me. You are my Astral Weeks and my Veedon Fleece-my first and most magical, and the thing I search for that calls me home.

I carry your picture in the pocket of my backpack until we meet again.

Kirsten

No comments: