Hi shoestringers!
Well, the captain of budget travel (that would be me, the one on a shoestring) is taking a temporary hiatus to ol' America to get some work visas. Having not one, but TWO jobs that didn't pay me over the summer has left the sheostring shorter than is desired. Stranded in Burma short, really, even though I am not stranded in Burma. However, if I didn't go home to earn some bread, and get some visas so I can earn more bread, well, stranded in Burma is exactly where I'd be!
So, my shoestring will be tested in Fargo. Here are my budget saving ideas:
1. Live with my best friend (Amy, I will iron all of your clothes and fold laundry--it's my favorite!)...and her daughter, and her cute dogs, and her new cat, oh, and her husband, who I plan on torturing slowly by my presence. Is she the best friend or what? Lots on her plate, and now...her bum of a friend. Cheers, Ames!
2. Rescue a bicycle from my parents garage and use it until it snows. That should save some gas money! And build up some leg muscles. And burn off calories from all of the ridiculous amounts of food I plan on eating upon my return...
3. Continue NOT shopping. I have purchased 1 shirt in 5 months. My clothes, as you can imagine, are...gross. :) I only had 9 pieces to my wardrobe, not counting my bather. Luckily, I have some stuff stored at the parents. Mom and dad, you rock! Oh, and thanks go to my fella here for giving me a new backpack and several t-shirts so I am not quite so smelly all the time. He rocks, too.
4. Work like a mad-woman. Come on, I've been a slacker for 6 months, I can totally do it!
So that's the scoop! When I have the next round of plans all made (basically it's continue where I left off, so Syria, here I come circa January, but I'll keep the plans limited until the shoestring isn't so short) I'll post details. Otherwise, I'll try to keep everyone abreast of exciting happenings...in North Dakota? Hey, burgers on the prairie sound pretty exciting to me right now.
Thanks for reading! I will post lots of pictures when I get to America. My brother has really fast internet. :)
1 comment:
I've enjoyed reading your blog - keep posting!
Hey, did you get the email that I had another little baby girl?
Post a Comment